132 Poplar Grove Connector, Suite #B
Boone, NC 28607-5915
Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
- Advanced Access
- Mental Health Outpatient Treatment
- Substance Abuse Outpatient Treatment
- Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Treatment (SAIOP)
- Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT)
- Intensive In-Home Treatment
- Psychiatric Services
- Mobile Crisis Services
- Child & Adolescent Day Treatment (Grades K-5)
- Drug Court Treatment Services
- School-Based Therapy - Children and Adolescents
- Watauga County & School Employee EAP Services
Welcome to our Watauga Center facility located in Boone. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the numerous mental health and substance abuse services available at this facility. For further information and explanation regarding treatment options, please see our Services page.
If you're a walk-in patient there is generally a wait time involved on a "first come, first served basis" otherwise contact us beforehand to setup an appointment. If you're in crisis please use our 24-Hour Crisis Hotline for immediate access to a clinician.
If this is your first time please bring the following with you:
- Insurance/Medicaid Card
- ID or Social Security Card
- Any referral documentation
- Individuals with Medicaid have no obligation for a copay.
- Individuals with Medicare or private insurance will be obligated to meet their policy's requirement(s).
- Individuals who are uninsured will be eligible for a sliding or discounted scaled as defined by the relevant Managed Care Organization/Local Management Entity
What we do here
Daymark Recovery Services is a non-profit organization established to provide comprehensive behavioral healthcare services as defined by those in the community in need of mental health or substance abuse treatment options. All of our staff are highly qualified individuals with a plethora of knowledge to suit individual care as needed. Each of our facilities has a core set of of service options available, however; some centers offer various group meetings or community outreach programs according to the service area. Please contact the center for schedules or further information as these programs and meetings vary and often change depending upon attendance and counselor availability.
Where we're located
Appalachian Regional Financial Assistance
Assistance with paying hospital bills from WMC, BRH, or CMH
Child Support Enforcement Office
800.992.9457 - North Carolina Child Support Enforcement Hotline
Locate non-custodial parents; establish paternity; establish child support order; enforce court orders.
Department of Social Services
Provides multiple services to families in need, subject to availability and meeting qualifications
- Child Day Care Assistance – financial assistance for day care for working/student parents
- Crisis intervention Program (CIP)- for heating or cooling emergencies
- Emergency Assistance- available to families with limited income and resources to assist with paying unexpected bills. Usually used as a last resource to prevent homelessness or loss of utilities
- Food Stamp Program
- Safelink- free cell phone with 68 minuets per month for low income adults. Must already be enrolled in one of the following programs to qualify: Federal housing program assistance/ Section 8/HUD, Food Stamps, SSI, TANF, Medicaid, or Work First
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families- Provides time limited financial assistance to families with children under 18.
- Work First- Provides employment services, other supportive services, and time limited financial assistance to families with children under 18.
Assistance for individuals with developmental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries that live at home. (Counties served:Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Watauga and Wilkes)
Assistance with clothing, furniture, groceries, and bills
May be able to provide an array of services, including: Children’s services, financial counseling, employment services, emergency financial assistance, housing assistance, and weatherizing homes.
Must call and schedule an appointment. Can provide financial assistance with bills to prevent homelessness and loss of utilities.
Provides assistance to individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment, such as criminal record. Provides job placement, guidance and counseling, restoration and training (educational opportunities), and medical, clothing, and transportation assistance to promote employment.
Services for people who have barriers to employment such as medical issues, developmental disabilities, overcoming chemical dependency, criminal history, lack of work experience, and physical disabilities.
Offers job seekers access to employment and training resources. Provides job placement, career planning, and career development computer resource center.
Able Body Labor
Temporary, daily labor pool
Hebron Colony Thrift Store
Watauga County Clerk of Court
Watauga County District Attorney’s Office
Watauga County Magistrate
Disability Denial Attorney - Sam Furgiuele
Legal Aid of North Carolina(Boone Office no longer open)
- Morganton Office: 828.437.8280 (Serving Watauga Co. Residents)
- Administrative Office - Raleigh: 919.856.2564
Non-Emergency Law Enforcement
- Boone Police
- Watauga Co. Sheriff’s Department
- ASU Police Department
- Blowing Rock Police
Resident Line: 828-264-2002
Northwestern Regional Housing Authority (HUD/Section 8)
Watauga Co. Habitat for Humanity
- The Meadows
- Watauga Village
- Meadow Hill Apartments
- Ivy Terrace
- Ransom St. Apartments in Blowing Rock
- Elk Park School in Avery Co.
Family housing through Northwestern Regional Housing Authority
- Winkler Organization
- Advanced Reality
- Appalachian Management
- Hidden Creak Realty
- Holton Mountain Rentals
- Appalachian South Apartments
- The Meadows
Watauga Medical Center828.262.4100
Watauga Medical Center Emergency Room828.262.4164
ASU Student Health Services828.262.3100
Blowing Rock Hospital828.295.3136
Community Care Clinic828.265.8591
High Country Community Health828.264.6635
Hunger and Health Coalition828.262.1628
Cannon Memorial Hospital828.898.5115
Boone Crisis Pregnancy Center828.265.4357
Femcare Abortion Services (Asheville)800.228.1560
Abortion Choice (Elizabethton, TN423.543.5888
ALFA (AIDS Leadership Foothills-Area Alliance)828.322.1447
Non-profit agency providing client services to people living with HIV/AIDS and community outreac, HIV prevention, HIV counseling, and HIV testing. County coverage includes: Watauga, Wilkes, Alleghany, Ashe, Burke, Alexander, Catawba, and Caldwell
Appalachian Healthcare Project828.268.8956
Financial Assistance for healthcare services of uninsured residents in Watauga and Avery Counties.
Baby Love Maternity Care Coordination828.264.4995
Birthing Education Center828.262.4285
ASU's Communicaton Disorders Clinic828.262.2185
Open to the community
High Country Hospice828.265.3926
American Red Cross828.264.8226
Glasses and eye exam assistance
Angel Food Ministries Program828.264.6090 - Boone United Methodist Church 828.297.2524 - Brushy Fork Baptist Church 828.262.9642 - Proffits Grove Baptist Church 828.264.1070
Seeds of Hope Food Bank828.265.2000
Tues. 3:30PM to 5:30PM - Open to All
Located at All Things Possible Church (324 Hwy. 105 Ext) at Carriage Square across form the Subaru Dealership.
Faithridge United Methodist Church Food Pantry828.295.8333 Wed & Thur 10:30AM -3PM
Serves 3 meals a day free to residents of the shelter AND public
Meals are available at the following times every day
6:30AM to 8:30AM - Breakfast
11:30AM to 1:00PM - Lunch
5:30PM to 6:30PM - Dinner
Food boxes are available from 9-11AM and 1-4PM daily. To be eligible for a food box, you must live or work in Watauga County
Hunger and Health Coalition828.262.1628
First Baptist Church (Boone)828.264.2441 Mon. 4:00PM - 7:00PM
Blowing Rock Cares828.295.3204 M-F 8:00AM to 3:00PM
Food Pantry and Clothing Closet. Assistance with electric,heat, and other basic utility bills
AppalCart828.264.2278 - Schedules and Dispatch
828.264.2280 - Administration
Part-US421 Mountaineer Express336.662.0002
Watauga County Project on Aging - Senior Center828.265.8090
Alzheimer's Association - Western Carolina Chapter828.254.7363 or 800.522.2451 800.272.3900 - 24 Hour Helpline
High Country Hospice828.265.3926
Mt Vernon Bapitst Church - Faith-based support group on death and dying (Open to Public)
OASIS - Opposing Abuse with Service, Information, and Shelter828.262.5035 or 800.268.1488 - Crisis Line
828.264.1532 - Office
North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
RAINN - Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network
800.656.HOPE(4673) - National Sexual Assault Hotline